* 1-D Newmark analysis under-predicts displacement.
* On near-level ground, Maximum Displacement Final Displacement.
* On near-level ground, displacement models based on final measurements are suspect.
* Oscillation of the displaced mass influences shear stresses on the slide plane.
* When Tground (1/n)•Tmotion displacements are amplified over rigid 'Newmark'.
* When Tground >1.2•Tmotion displacements are reduced from the rigid 'Newmark'.
* Neglecting compliance, strike motion and block inertial forces leads to erroneous and sometimes unconservative displacement prediction.
contact: Robert Kayen
last modified 2018